K. BANYS ETHNOGRAPHICAL HOMESTEAD-MUSEUM
K. Banys ethnographical homestead-museum in Rusnė was found in 1997, as a typical farmstead of a fisherman. There remains, as before the 100 maybe 200 years, all three buildings - a house, a barn and a woodshed. The initial appearance of the building was unchanged in the renovation process which took place from 1989 to 1997. Interesting hallway, sitting room and bedroom interior indicates the beauty of folk architectural traditions. The purpose of the museum - to show a current and future generations at least a fraction of the XIX and XX centuries local way of life, their sensitivity to the natural environment, the ability to decorate buildings and everyday life.
UOSTADVARIS WATER PUMPING STATION
Uostadvaris water pumping station was built in 1907 on the river Vilkinė. It was the first building of that purpose in Lithuania. Now here is equipted Rusne polders museum. The station is declared a monument of technical history and renovated few years ago. Water pumping station is a well preserved example of a regional historic architecture and construction technology of those times.
VENTE CAPE LIGHTHOUSE
Vente Cape lighthouse is one of the few lighthouses in Lithuania, which allowed to get in and look around. Old, decorated with original ornaments iron stairs leads to the lighthouse observation deck. From this site opens spectacular views - in the Curonian spit across 12-13 km to the southwest located Nida and the golden dunes, 8.5 km to the west away located Preila. Vente Cape lighthouse - the protected technical monument. In the Vente Cape you can also visit near the lighthouse located the first and oldest Ornithological station in Lithuania, which was founded in 1929.
Uostadvaris lighthouse is a monument of technical history. It was built in 1873 in front of the mouth of Minija river - an important shipping point. Few years ago the rebuilding of the lighthouse keeper house started. The keeper house is connected to the lighthouse and it is an integral part of the monument. Uostadvaris lighthouse is located about 2 km from water and it is not used for navigation anymore but it still delights many tourists as an observation tower.
The road Rusne-Šilute was built in 1873 and the towns significans grew up since then. Bridge construction began in May 1913. In July 1914 lifting bridge was finished, but it was blown up in 1944. The new bridge was built in 1974. Length of the bridge - 332 m, height - 15 m.
PRESIDENT K. GRINIUS BRIDGE
President K. Grinius Bridge - on the road Šilute - Rusne, at the village Žalgiris, also known as šlažys bridge. In the spring, when the Nemunas river overflows, the low Rusne meadows are flooded tide water. Area where grasslands are heavily immersed in this reinforced concrete bridge with 13 arches was built.
RUSNE EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH
The first written records of this church, known from 1544. It was mentioned in Duke's Albrecht of Prussia pattern of prayers in Lithuanian and German. Weather vane on the church tower shows its first year of construction - 1419. Up to 1541 the church belonged to the Catholic parish, and only later, upon establishment of the Reformation, all the people had to accept Luther's learning achieves. There was a parish school near the church in 1583. It was one of the firsts in this region. Church, built in the eighteenth century, was devastated of the three fires (1739, 1774, 1789). The new church, built of bricks consecrated in 1809. The current brick building emereged in XIX century. In Soviet times, for a long time the church was closed, the large estate was destroyed, the building was given to Rusne boarding school. There was a school sports hall and boiler room. The renovation of Rusne old church was started in 1991, the prayers were renewed by deacon G. Pareigis.